Septic Tank Services in Peterborough
Top-Quality Repair, Installation & Maintenance Services!
Here at Cardinal Plumbing & Electric, we are committed to taking care of your home and keeping your family comfortable. When it comes to helping your septic system run smoothly, no one does it quite like our highly trained plumbing professionals. Backed by years of experience and equipped with state-of-the-art tools and technology, we can handle any septic service you may need.
Our septic services in Peterborough include:
- Septic tank replacement
- Septic tank installation
- Septic mound repair and restoration
- Septic drain field repair and restoration
- Septic tank inspection
- Septic testing and design
To ensure your septic tank is functioning properly, turn to Cardinal Plumbing & Electric. Our team always gets the job done right the first time around!
Septic Tank Replacement in Peterborough
Septic tanks are designed to last up to 40 years, so if you live in an older home and your septic tank is acting up, it might be time to schedule an inspection.
Signs you might need to replace your septic tank include:
- Puddles in your yard
- Foul sewage odors
- An extra green patch of grass surrounding your tank
- An increase in pest activity
- Sewage backing up into your drains
- Your tank is too small for your growing family
- Nearby water sources are contaminated
- Your drains are slow or clogged
Expertise and specialized equipment are both required to properly install a septic tank. If your outdated and malfunctioning system needs to be replaced, turn to Cardinal Plumbing & Electric. Our highly skilled plumbers guarantee a perfect installation every time.
Who Needs a Septic Tank?
Homes located in sparsely populated rural areas usually require a septic tank because they likely do not have access to a municipal sewer line. Septic tanks allow residential and commercial property owners to process their sewage in the event that there is no municipal sewer line available.
How to Prepare for a Septic Tank Installation
If you are planning to have a septic tank installed on your property, there are a few things you can do to make the process go a little more smoothly.
Below are tips for preparing your property for a septic tank installation:
- Test your soil: Schedule a percolation test to ensure your soil meets local requirements for septic tank installations. If you are in the process of purchasing a property, experts recommend completing the percolation test prior to completing the purchase.
- Obtain a permit: You will need to obtain a permit through your city before building a septic tank on your land.
- Plan for landscaping repairs: Septic tank repairs can be invasive and cause some disturbance to your landscape. You should be prepared to restore your lawn following the installation. At Cardinal, we offer full landscaping repair following a tank replacement so we can take care of your lawn from start to finish.
- Gather quotes: Gather a few quotes for a septic tank installation on your property and be sure to choose a team that provides upfront pricing so you won’t be met with any surprise add-on charges at the end of the service.
Types of Septic Tank Systems
There are a variety of septic tank systems that you can choose from, each of which functions differently depending on the needs of your property.
The 3 types of septic tank systems are:
- Conventional septic systems: Conventional systems use gravity to bring sewage into the tank. Once inside the tank, the solid waste settles at the bottom and the liquid waste rises to the top before it enters the drain field. The solid waste remains in the tank until it is flushed out. Conventional septic systems are often the most affordable but have a larger footprint than a new style system.
- Alternative septic systems: Alternative systems use oxygen to break down sewage in the tank. This process produces cleaner liquid waste, which means homeowners can set aside less land for the drain field. Because alternative systems take up less space and produce cleaner wastewater, they can be more expensive than conventional tanks. However, by producing a cleaner effluent, your septic field can last much longer, saving you money in the long term.
- Engineered septic systems: Engineered systems are most often used on land that is sloped or contains poor soil. Because the conditions of the land prevent any liquid waste from draining on its own into the drain field, it needs to be pumped. This results in these septic systems being more expensive than traditional models. However, these symptoms can be installed where a conventional system cannot.
Unsure of what type of septic tank system is right for your home? Cardinal Plumbing & Electric is here to help. Our Peterborough septic tank service experts will evaluate your property and explain your options to you.
Types of Septic Tanks
Once you select the kind of septic tank system you want to install, you need to decide which type of tank you want for your system.
Below are the 3 types of septic tanks:
- Concrete: Concrete is durable and lasting, but it can be more difficult to repair in the event that it becomes damaged.
- Plastic: Plastic tanks are the cheapest tanks, but they are more easily damaged than the other types.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass tanks are more durable than plastic tanks, but are prone to becoming displaced by heaving soil and active water tables.
How to Protect Your Septic Tank
Your septic tank is responsible for safely managing the wastewater from your home or cottage so you want to make sure it is functioning properly.
Below are tips for keeping your septic tank in top shape:
- Take care of the land surrounding your tank
- Never pour grease, fat, or oil down your drains
- Avoid using your garbage disposal
- Only flush human waste and toilet paper down the toilet
- Do not drive on the ground that houses your septic tank
- Have your system regularly inspected by professionals
Septic Tank Inspections in Peterborough
Having your system routinely inspected by a team of trained professionals ensures that it will work properly for many years to come. At Cardinal Plumbing & Electric, our plumbers have extensive experience working with all makes and models of septic tanks and provide the most thorough inspections possible.
Signs You Have a Drain Field Problem
A properly functioning drain field is crucial to the safety of your property. Your drain field is designed to filter the wastewater that leaves your septic tank. As wastewater runs through the soil in the drain field, pathogens and pollutants are filtered out until the water is safe enough to be re-introduced to the environment. Untreated problems with your drain field (such as aged or clogged soil) can cause raw sewage to rise to the surface of your land, which can result in costly repairs and create a very toxic environment for your home and family.
We recommend becoming familiar with the signs of drain field failure, so you can bring in a team of repair professionals as soon as you suspect there might be a problem.
Signs of a drain field problem include:
- Wet spots in the yard
- Slimy substances on the ground over the drain field
- Frozen soil
- Pump running for long periods of time
- Pump turning on and off frequently
- Foul odors outside your home
- Dead or dying grass
The majority of drain field problems can be repaired, so be sure to bring in a team of experts before the damage becomes irreversible. At Cardinal Plumbing & Electric, our Peterborough septic system experts provide reliable repairs and lasting results.
Call Cardinal Plumbing & Electric for Septic Tank Services in Peterborough!
At Cardinal Plumbing & Electric, our team is proud to serve the members of our community by offering the most reliable plumbing services. To ensure your property is protected, turn to our team for your septic tank repair and installation services in Peterborough. Using top-of-the-line equipment, our technicians will keep your septic system running as efficiently and effectively as possible, so you can enjoy a comfortable and safe home.
With Cardinal Plumbing & Electric on your side, you can expect:
- A comprehensive maintenance program
- Financing options
- Lifetime installation warranties
- Lifetime workmanship warranties
- Upfront and fair pricing
- Same-day services
Don’t settle for anything less than the spectacular service you deserve. Turn to Cardinal Plumbing & Electric and rest assured your home is in good hands.
Call (705) 230-3037 to schedule a septic system service today. We look forward to serving you!
“I couldn't have asked for more friendly and prompt service. They completed a ton of work quickly and left the area cleaner than before! I will definitely be calling on Cardinal Plumbing & Electric again.”- Nicole M.
“Technicians were both very knowledgeable and clearly explained our options, with estimates, before starting. Kevin and Jaden were very professional, courteous, respectful and friendly. We were so happy to have all our repairs done in one afternoon.”- Janette F.
“Kevin is our new favorite person. He came out at the end of his day on a Friday and figured out how to fix our water issue so many other people couldn’t fix. We are beyond impressed at how knowledgeable, helpful and friendly the guys were. Thank you.”- Tom F.