Peterborough Septic Tank Replacement
Replacing Malfunctioning Septic Systems
Problems can arise with septic tanks as the units’ components wear out from everyday use after several years or when the system is not properly maintained. Several signs can indicate that your tank is malfunctioning. Although some issues can be repaired, others may require replacing the unit. If you notice that your septic tank isn’t working right, reach out to a professional immediately. Faulty systems are hazardous to your health and environment. An expert can inspect your system, identify the problem, and let you know what needs to be done to restore the functionality of your plumbing.
For the septic tank replacement service you need in Peterborough, ON, Canada, reach out to Cardinal Plumbing & Electric. Our technicians understand the urgency of these matters and will get started on the project immediately. Before we begin, we’ll discuss the problem and why your unit needs to be replaced. Because these are large jobs that can result in significant disturbance to your lawn, we’ll ensure that you understand the work we will complete, how we will protect your property, and the landscaping services we offer following the replacement.
If your septic tank needs to be replaced in Peterborough, please contact us at (705) 230-3037.
Why You Might Need to Replace Your Septic Tank
Septic tanks are designed to last around 15 to 40 years. Provided that your unit is routinely maintained and you avoid putting things down your drains that your system can’t handle, you shouldn’t need a replacement for a while. However, if you have an older home or cottage or had your septic tank installed some time ago, the system might begin acting up because the various components that comprise it are starting to break down.
Newer systems might need to be replaced if they aren’t cared for properly.
Malfunctions can happen if:
- Wastewater capacity is too much. Septic tanks can only handle so much wastewater a day. Anything over the limits can cause the unit to clog and back up.
- Maintenance is not done consistently. Septic systems should be inspected and pumped out every couple of years. If they aren’t, sludge can build up, clogging the connections to and from the unit.
- Unacceptable materials are put down the drain. Things like cooking grease, baby wipes, dental floss, or sanitary products should not go through the plumbing system. These materials can clog the septic tank.
- Weight is put on the septic tank or leaching bed. Heavy objects, like cars or above-ground pools, should not cover the septic system. If they do, critical components can break.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Septic Tank
You will likely know when you need a new septic tank. Issues are usually apparent to the eyes and nose!
Some of the things you might notice include:
- Strong smells outside your home or cottage. If an issue with the connections exists, wastewater might ooze onto your lawn, causing a strong sewage odor.
- Foul scents inside your home or cottage. Broken traps, seals, or pipes can cause wastewater to flow back into your home.
- Extra vegetation growth around the septic tank. If wastewater is seeping out of your system and onto your lawn, you might notice greener grass or more plants near your unit.
- Wastewater backup. If the distribution system or lines are broken, sewage will not flow through the septic tank. Instead, it will seep back into your home.
- Slow or clogged drains. Full or partial blockages in the septic system can prevent wastewater from flowing down your pipes or stop it from draining at all.
What to Do When You’ve Got a Problem with Your Septic Tank
Whatever the issue with your system, contact Cardinal Plumbing & Electric. Our Peterborough septic tank replacement technicians have the training, equipment, and knowledge necessary to get your old unit out and your new one put in.
When you hire us for the job, you’ll get service from a team committed to delivering the utmost customer experience. We are straightforward with our pricing, which means you won’t see any surprises on your bill. Throughout the job, we’ll be responsive to your questions and concerns and treat your property respectfully.
How Much Does It Cost To Replace a Septic Tank?
When it comes to how much a septic tank replacement costs, there are several factors that come into play. The size and type of septic tank you need, the location of your property, labor rates in your area and how much access you have to the septic system can all affect how much it will cost. Generally speaking, homeowners should expect to spend between $3,000 and $7,000 on a complete septic system replacement.
The exact cost for replacing a septic tank depends on its size. Homeowners who need to install a new residential septic tank typically pay from around $500 up to several thousand dollars depending on how large the system is going to be. So if you’re replacing an existing septic tank, it’s important to factor in how much the size of the new one is going to cost.
The location of your property and how difficult it is for a professional septic contractor to access and install the system can also affect how much you pay. If the site has easy access and there are no major obstacles that need to be overcome, then the costs could be lower. On the other hand, if there are significant obstacles such as trees or rocks that will have to be removed or worked around, then you could end up paying more.
Finally, labor rates in your area will play a part in how much it costs to replace a septic tank. Professional septic contractors usually charge an hourly rate and how long it takes them to complete the job will have an impact on how much you pay.
Overall, how much it costs to replace a septic tank will depend on your specific needs and situation. While some homeowners may be able to complete the project for as little as $3,000, others could end up spending closer to $7,000 or more depending on how large the system is, how difficult it is to access and install and how much local contractors are charging.
For reliable Peterborough septic tank replacement services, please call us at (705) 230-3037 or submit an online contact form today.
Our Customers Are Our PrioritySee What They Are Saying
“I couldn't have asked for more friendly and prompt service. They completed a ton of work quickly and left the area cleaner than before! I will definitely be calling on Cardinal Plumbing & Electric again.”- Nicole M.
“Technicians were both very knowledgeable and clearly explained our options, with estimates, before starting. Kevin and Jaden were very professional, courteous, respectful and friendly. We were so happy to have all our repairs done in one afternoon.”- Janette F.
“Kevin is our new favorite person. He came out at the end of his day on a Friday and figured out how to fix our water issue so many other people couldn’t fix. We are beyond impressed at how knowledgeable, helpful and friendly the guys were. Thank you.”- Tom F.