Water Heater Installation & Repair
Dependable Water Heater Services in Peterborough & the Surrounding Areas
If you've ever felt the sting of cold water in the shower when your water heater malfunctions, you know how important it is to have a reliable system. Cardinal Plumbing & Electric provides expert water heater services in the Peterborough area. Our fully trained and certified team can quickly determine the roof of the problem and provide the necessary water heater repairs or installations.
Common Water Heater Problems
We rely on our water heaters every day to heat and produce water used for washing, doing dishes, and laundry. Without these systems, we would need to boil our water to get the same results. These units are very efficient and seamlessly integrate into your plumbing. However, several common issues can occur that require a professional repair. These issues include:
- Corrosion in the unit
- A leaking or cracked tank
- Failing valves or incorrectly sized valves
- Thermostat issues
- Damaged or malfunctioning pilot light
- Malfunctioning temperature gauge
The number of problems that can affect these units is limited. There are several issues we will check to determine the exact area that is causing the problem. When we troubleshoot for your repair we typically begin by inspecting the entire unit for cracks, leaks or anything else out of place. Once that is ruled out, we will test the heating components and check the valves and fittings. We also examine the temperature gauge to get the full picture and develop a strong idea of what the issue is and the best way to repair it.
For dependable water heater services in Peterborough, contact us at (705) 230-3037!
When to Replace a Water Heater
How do you know when it's time to replace your home's water heater? It's true water heaters can last for a long time with the proper maintenance, but all appliances have an expiration date. Most conventional water heaters can last between 6 and 13 years. If your water heater is more than six years old there are some key signs to look for when determining if it's time for a replacement. Those signs are:
- Rust colored water - As a water heater ages, the tank begins to deteriorate and rust. This rust can get into your hot water which causes it to appear reddish brown in color.
- Odd noises - Noise is always an indicator of any appliance dealing with problems. If you notice your water heater is making loud cracking or popping noises it may be an indication that the heating elements have mineral build up on them.
- Frequent repairs - It is common for water heaters to need a repair once in a while. That is part of regular maintenance needed to ensure it lasts a long time. However, if you are noticing the water heater needs repairs more often, replacement is usually the best option.
- No hot water - The most obvious sign of problems with your water heater is simply the lack of hot water. This is usually caused by one of multiple causes. Either the pilot light is out or the circuit breaker has tripped. Or your water heater has simply reached the end of its lifetime.
Benefits of a Professional Installation
When you call Cardinal Plumbing for professional water heater installations, you are making a solid investment in your home’s future. Installing a new system will provide you with savings on your monthly energy bills, fewer repairs and a more reliable system. A newer, more modern water heater will also add value to your home.
“I couldn't have asked for more friendly and prompt service. They completed a ton of work quickly and left the area cleaner than before! I will definitely be calling on Cardinal Plumbing & Electric again.”- Nicole M.
“Technicians were both very knowledgeable and clearly explained our options, with estimates, before starting. Kevin and Jaden were very professional, courteous, respectful and friendly. We were so happy to have all our repairs done in one afternoon.”- Janette F.
“Kevin is our new favorite person. He came out at the end of his day on a Friday and figured out how to fix our water issue so many other people couldn’t fix. We are beyond impressed at how knowledgeable, helpful and friendly the guys were. Thank you.”- Tom F.