Peterborough Frozen Pipe Services
Dependable Frozen Pipe Repairs & Preventative Maintenance in the Peterborough Area
Every year another winter comes around. Homeowners across the country take the necessary precautions to prevent their pipes from freezing. Nothing is worse than a burst pipe in the dead of winter. Luckily the plumbing experts at Cardinal Plumbing & Electric are trained to provide quality repair services for frozen pipes throughout the Peterborough area.
Contact us online or at (705) 230-3037 if you are in need of frozen pipe repair services today!
Preventing Frozen Pipes: What to Do
- Run a small stream of cold water from your faucet. The water flow in your pipes prevents freezing.
- Open under-sink cabinet doors to keep air circulating around piping.
- Seal any windows, doors or cracks that may cause cold air to penetrate into your home.
- Insulate outside and exposed pipes with insulation.
- Before the first freeze of the season drain out your hose or sprinkler system.
How to Thaw Frozen Pipes
If there is no water in your fixtures at all, you most likely have frozen or burst pipes. If you know that you have a frozen pipe, try these tricks to help thaw them out.
- Turn off the main water valve to the house and open a faucet to allow thawed water to flow. Open the lowest hot and cold taps in your home.
- Wrap towels soaked in warm water around the pipes or purchase electric pipe warmers. You can soak towels with snow collected and heated on the stove or microwave. You can also drain water from your hot water tank. If you do this and your tank is electric make sure to turn the tank off at the electric panel to prevent the elements from burning out.
- DO NOT use any open flame or electric heater directly to the piping as this could cause electrocution or present a fire hazard.
Call Cardinal Plumbing at (705) 230-3037 or fill out our online form to find out how you can prevent your pipes from freezing.
Our Customers Are Our PrioritySee What They Are Saying
“I couldn't have asked for more friendly and prompt service. They completed a ton of work quickly and left the area cleaner than before! I will definitely be calling on Cardinal Plumbing & Electric again.”- Nicole M.
“Technicians were both very knowledgeable and clearly explained our options, with estimates, before starting. Kevin and Jaden were very professional, courteous, respectful and friendly. We were so happy to have all our repairs done in one afternoon.”- Janette F.
“Kevin is our new favorite person. He came out at the end of his day on a Friday and figured out how to fix our water issue so many other people couldn’t fix. We are beyond impressed at how knowledgeable, helpful and friendly the guys were. Thank you.”- Tom F.